India Today Unforgettables: Rani Mukerji & Anushka Sharma
Before we move to The Actresses Roundtable 2018, there is this video you have to see first. It’s an interview session, like actor interviewing actor kind of session. We have seen about 3 of these so far and our favourite has to be the Anil Kapoor episode with Hrithik Roshan and our least fave has to be this one: The Rani and Anushka episode.
You know when Rani got together with Aditya Chopra, people in the industry joked how she thought she became the Malkin (Lady Boss) of Yash Raj films. Sajid Khan even publicly said in one award show that the reason Kunal Kohli decided to stop working with Yash Raj after his film ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’ was a massive flop at the box office was because Rani took over and started ordering him around the sets to direct the film the way she wanted to!
Initially, we thought it was a joke because Rani still behaved properly in front of the cameras. When Yash Chopra passed away, again these news reports started coming out on how bossy she is. Actually, it wasn’t that she was bossy, it was more of her trying to show others that she is in charge. That desperate need probably comes from nobody paying attention to her or people thinking less of her. Obviously, the flak she received for trying to break and breaking marriages must not have been easy on her.
In this interview, she comes out on her own, which in her case, is not a good thing. Her true self comes out, we mean. This is the first time we have seen Rani Mukherji like this and we are saying this as fans, who have watched her grow in the industry. This is who she has become now!
In this video, Anushka and Rani were supposed to interview each other. Instead, here’s what you get:
- Rani being extremely bossy and restless
- Rani taking control and directing Anushka all through this
- Rani made this all about herself and her life story, flattering herself to death!
- Poor Anushka looking like she was made or forced to sit there and listen to her mentor’s wife blabbering on and on…
- She criticises Anushka’s looks and says the same thing that her husband dearest said about and to Anushka. It seems they both share the same opinion, but is it the same for Vaani Kapoor? Did they jointly make the decision that Vaani should go under the knife and change her looks?
- After she was done with her story, she went on to narrate Anushka’s story. Like, for real?!
- And lastly, our favourite part is when she orders Anushka to tell her which are her favourite Rani’s performances or films and after that she will tell which are her favourite Anushka films. Mindblown!
- Overall, she is basically the star of this interview with Anushka as the guest spot artist.
You have to see this interview if you are a fan of Rani and cannot believe how she has changed. Though on second thought, it doesn’t seem like she has changed, it’s more like she now can afford to be herself in public. And, it’s all thanks to the power that her husband holds in Bollywood.
Based on the new interview or discussion that has come out, it does appear to be that Rani is those types of women. You know who are those types? The ones, who always support the men and blame the women.
Even when Anupama Chopra asked her if actresses should be paid more than they are now, Rani said a big fat NO. She went on to argue, why are these actresses bothered about this? Why does it disturb them that they don’t get the same treatment as the men in Bollywood?
She added that she did not have time to think about all that because she considered herself lucky to be cast in films opposite big stars. Now let us remind you that in this interview with Anushka, Rani mentioned that she never wanted to be an actress and couldn’t care less. Why would she be in awe of these actors if she never wanted to be an actress? Kind of silly to shift the blame to the ladies, but we all know her husband is a producer so obviously she will support his doings more than her female counterparts.
Frankly speaking, it was insulting that she didn’t think these actresses deserved to be paid better or to have a better hotel room on an overseas shoot.
If you think about it, she must have her reason to be this way. This is how life is for her. Ride on other men to get to the top. So obviously, she will support them, right? Men can do no wrong, it’s all the women’s fault. Wonder if she feels the same way about her? Let’s ask Govinda’s wife! Or Aditya’s first wife! Wonder what Rani would say then?!
Honestly, cannot believe that we rooted for her once!
We feel for the people who work for and with her!